Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lost & Found


Saturday I was lost in the woods. I had nothing on me except my ipod shuffle and my running shoes. It started raining and it would be dark soon. I just lost sight of the trail markers and lost complete direction. It felt as if the world had turned a quarter turn to the left. The ground was no longer the ground. I started to panic a little and I kept jogging up and down directionless paths and openings between trees. Finally, just before the sun set, I just stopped. I turned off the music, stood still and took a deep breath. I closed my eyes and listened. I heard the faint sound of the road. I kept walking and soon enough I found the next trail marker. The road sounds got closer and closer and eventually I crawled out of the woods into my little car. 

The Wheel of Fortune card is like being lost in the woods with no direction, world spinning. This card reminds us that we must trust in the process and have faith in our senses. We will always find our way home, no matter what is thrown at us. And sometimes, instead of trying to gain more control over the situation, gripping the steering wheel, we must learn to turn into the skid, hands up.

Sample Celtic Cross Reading

Card 1: Represents you...
Four of Pentacles: Protecting your head & heart from your environment

Card 2: The Situation at hand...
Wheel of Fortune: We do not have control over our fate, but we do control our response to it

Card 3: Root/Past Life card...
Judgment (R): A Call to service, a reawakening

Card 3: Recent Past...
Three of Swords: Heartache & sorrow

Card 4: Trend or Direction...
Eight of Cups: Knowing when to walk away, moving or taking a trip

Card 5: Upcoming...
Page of Wands: A younger person will appear/reappear. They have a message for you...

Card 6: Self Card...
Three of Cups: Celebration, friendship, and social networking

Card 7: The Other Person...
Nine of Swords: Depression, anxiety, sleepless nights and sadness

Card 8: Hopes & Fears...
Death: Accepting Change

Card 9: Outcome...
The Fool: New beginnings, innocence, children. (R) Watch out for diving head first. Heed warnings.

Card 10: Overlooking/Surprise Card...
Seven of Wands: unnecessary battles, defensiveness